Kommetjie Environmental Awareness Group (KEAG) is a non-profit organisation that was first established in 1991. KEAG specialises in project management and has run dozens of employment-creating environmental projects over the years.
Some of the main achievements from KEAG have been:
- Managing some of the first-ever alien vegetation clearing projects on the Cape Peninsula.
- Running the campaign that prevented parts of Slangkop Mountain from being developed for housing.
- Active involvement in the rehabilitation of wetlands such as the Bokramspruit and the Wildevoelvlei.
- Pioneering permaculture in the Western Cape.
- Saving the island at 'the Kom' from potential development.
- Pioneering proactive baboon management on the Cape Peninsula,
- Faunal consultation for Environmental Baseline Studies of Soetwater, Millers Point, Slangkop and Plateau Road.