The Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel is the most iconic luxury hotel in Cape Town, situated within a lush garden estate in the heart of the city’s cultural centre, close to the bustling V&A Waterfront and some of Cape Town’s most popular beaches.
The Mount Nelson is an urban sanctuary with a unique sense of style and a commitment to service excellence.
Eco initiatives at the hotel include:
- An onsite worm farm to process leftover food and other organic matter into compost, used to fertilise the hotel gardens.
- Replacing all non-aesthetic lighting in the hotel with energy-saving bulbs.
- Using water-wise natural spring water to irrigate the estate.
- Recycling plastic, glass, paper, tin and cardboard.
- Using eco-friendly gardening practices by planting indigenous trees, recycling lawn clippings and reducing the chemicals used.
- Using eco- friendly, biodegradable cleaning products.
- Using low-sulphur diesel to power the electricity generators.