The Climate Action Partnership (CAP) is a powerful alliance of South African environmental NGOs that aims to reduce the impacts of climate change.
- Raise awareness around climate change and the links between climate change and the conservation of natural habitat;
- Promote the integrity of climate change projects by promoting the adoption of globally accepted standards, with an emphasis on the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Standards (CCBS);
- Advise on and support Southern African solutions for mitigation and adaptation to climate change with a biodiversity conservation outcome;
- Promote cross-sectoral policy that supports climate change mitigation and adaptation activities with a biodiversity conservation outcome;
- Achieve carbon neutral status for the head offices of the CAP partner organisations.